Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mafalda es argentina!!!

..and I had no idea! Aaaaah... not only did Argentina give birth to tango, but also to one of my favourite comic strips! The creator of Mafalda, Joaquín Salvador Lavado, known as Quino, was born in the province of Mendoza, 76 years ago; who would have thought so?
:) Well, in any case, one more reason for this fanatic of la BD to love Argentina!

(We´re screwed, guys! Turns out that if you don´t hurry up and change the world, it is the world that changes you!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course is Argentine!!! :P
But in what language you read it for the first time? French, perhaps? Because it was translated to numerous languages, but not in english.
Glad to see how you still are realizing how many goodness we Argentines bring to the world ;-)
Besos!

one2tango said...

Of course.. forgive my eurocentrism;) Actually, I had always read Mafalda in Italian, so I associated her with Italy - she´s very popular there... but now that I know, I must try to get hold of some Mafalda books in castellano! Hmm... maybe when I go to BsAs? (I will know better this time, instead of shoes and CDs I will stuff my suitcase with books and yerba!) BTW are there any other Argentine comic strips I should know?
;)besos

Anonymous said...

MMMM
El Eternauta.
Of course those of Fontanarrosa (QEPD).
Cant think about philosofic ones like Mafalda, but there are some good ones around.

one2tango said...

Thanks, dr.Tangopancho!
I´ve looked up El Eternauta on the Wikipedia and it looks very interesting, will certainly try to get hold of it.
As for Fontanarrosa, by a strange hasard I actually know his prose, which I really like, but didn´t know he was a cartoonist; by another strange hasard, I had written the post about Mafalda almost exactly on the first anniversary of his death..
QEPD.
¡Gracias!