Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A dancer with a sprained ankle?

Because that's what I am, at the moment. Not much, huh. Confined to my home for a couple of days, I can hardly walk - well, I sort of hop around, but it's not the same; and, being rather proud of the way I walk (normally), I so hate being reduced to this unsightly limp. But the worst thing about it is that I am unable to dance, had to cancel this week's dancing (the horror of it!), and who knows when that bloody ankle will be firm enough to provide reliable support on heels? However, I am still privatly resolved NOT to cancel my lesson on Friday, unwise though it may be...(wisely enough I chose not to ask for my doctor's opinion on the matter).
Anyway, the good news is that I shall have more time to pore over tango and related topics and write my blog which I have gravely neglected in the past couple of months (it all began with two festivals, one a week after the other, and the sleep deficit has been hanging over me ever since. I somehow cannot find the right balance between dancing tango and writing about tango - and sleeping and all that other unnecessary stuff which is imposed on us for inexplicable reasons, for that matter).
BTW one thing worth mentioning about the festivals is that I saw, for the first time in my life, Julio Balmaceda and Corina De La Rosa, and must join the already large number of people who think they are sublime! I have never seen anything like it before; their dancing is beautiful and impressive without any acrobacy, innovative and original without ever loosing the true essence of tango; a feast for eyes. Which is why I add these links - see for yourselves..
julio y corina tango vals
julio y corina 2
They dance like most of us would like to dance - only about a million times better:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some of us, tangueros, is hard to find a balance in some things, besides dance.
In my case I try to write about tango once a week. But I think the subject the other six days. So far, is working for me.
So, you put tangoscopio in your links, thanks for that (you will be soon in my links). Now, I have some questions for you... How you discover my blog? You speak spanish? and more important... Who are you? How you discover tango? Is always nice to know the background of a writer. You probably will write about those things in future post, but Im very impatient, as you see...
Forgive me if I ask too many questions, ja, I tend to be like that
Besos!

Anonymous said...

BTW, take good care of your ankle... Is better to wait a bit longer until dance again that force it :-)

Anonymous said...

oh deary me... sorry to hear about the injury. I don't ask you to be wise, but maybe... try not to kill yourself, if it can be helped at all... Anyway, the good thing is that there seems to be some fresh life being breathed into this long dormant blog. That's encouraging... :)))

Anonymous said...

i sprained my ankle too - had to stop dancing for a while but went for long walks everyday to keep the ankle strong. I also practiced giros at home every day. i was back to dancing within a month. have heart and hang in there.