Thursday, March 01, 2007

Shoes!!!

I need new shoes. Not any shoes. I need a pair of ´Comme il faut´s. Urgently.
My increasing obsession with these beautiful and, they say, incredibly comfortable shoes - which I take it means mainly that they are very stable and well balanced, and that´s about as much as you can reasonably ask of such 3- or 4-inch-heeled beauties - anyway, my increasing obsession with them happens to coincide with the loosening of my golden sandals´ straps. I could have them fixed, I suppose. I think I will, actually, because I´m very fond of them (they - and my feet, as a consequence - looked awesome last night). But even so, it sort of reminded me that shoes are perishable, and it might not hurt to get another pair? Just to be on the safe side... And since I´ll be getting a new pair of dancing shoes, it seems to follow logically that I should get the best that there is. Not that the ones I have are bad. I´ve already mentioned the golden strap sandals, and then there is the baby-blue/black pair by the Argentinian designer Sylvie Geronimi, simply lovely and very original. But are two pairs sufficient? And the third time´s a charm.. There´s a hitch, however. The closest shop where they sell ´Comme il faut´s is in Paris. Now, shall I go to Paris for a weekend? Wouldn´t mind checking out my old favourite milongas.. but when? No time.. Or maybe just for a day? Take the train in the morning, buy the shoes - if I find any I like - and come back in the evening? It would be feasible.. But is it not terribly extravagant, going all the way to Paris just to buy a pair of shoes? - that seems to imply that buying two or three pairs would be more reasonable - or would it?
Well, I might have to do it - driven by sheer necessity, as it were.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I enjoy reading your blog and will be visiting Paris soon. I hope to attend at least one milonga while I'm there. Thanks for the link. I'd also like to visit the the Comme il faut shoe store you mentioned. Do you have the address?
A tango friend from San Francisco,
Rosemarie

one2tango said...

Dear Rosemarie,
I´m glad you like my blog! This is the website of the boutique where they sell CIFs: http://www.duostyle.fr/contact.htm
with a small map and their phone number - it might be better to check their opening hours. Good luck with your shopping, and have a great time in Paris!

kater said...

hello!
i stumbled upon your blog while looking to buy tango shoes on the internet and i liked it a lot! your passion shows! since i am planning a visit in amsterdam in may, i would be most grateful if you could inform me on the stores where i can find some tango shoes in you city, or generally in the netherlands. i live in greece and i must tell you it's not easy to find any decent tango shoes here... thak you in advance!
katerina

Anonymous said...

You without doubt have a style all your own when it comes to creating these nice blog posts.